Warehouse Manager (Steel)
Warehouse managers are a vital part of the supply chain process. They oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of a wide range of goods
They must manage people, processes and systems and make sure productivity targets are met. They also oversee the maintenance of warehouse and labor-management systems and may be involved in operating automated storage and retrieval systems.
Warehouse managers are responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock. In a large operation, they manage teams of workers through the use of team leaders and supervisors and deal with personnel issues such as the recruitment, training and discipline of staff.
Specialist warehouses involve the storage of temperature-controlled products, such as food and pharmaceuticals, and the storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls Steel inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Graduates from any subject can enter warehouse management but the following subjects are particularly useful and relevant:
- Candidate should possess at least a Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent.
- Age not more than (50)
- At least 5 years working experiences in automotive spare parts industries.
- Ability to speak in English language is preferable
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and Myanmar and English Typing
- Knowledge of international logistics terms (Incoterm 2000).
- Ability to interact well with all subordinates in the organization
- Customer service-oriented, focused strong mind and collaboration.
- Able to handle complain amicably with good communication skills.
- Ability to work systematically, analyze data with critical thinking skill.
- Strong analytical, problem solving ability to engage and build the business and team towards high performance.
- Confident, strong management and leadership skill, performance driven and able to inspire team for results and self-motivated in learning and participating in new projects.
- transport, distribution or logistics;
- supply chain management;
- business, management or economics;
- retail management;
- operational research;
- business information systems;
- business with languages.
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities
- Ability to divide your time between work and study
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in the financial system
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
- Salary: USD (350) (Equivalent Kyats) or DEPENDENT ON APPLICANT'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Type: Full Time,
- Contract Type: 2 years
- Benefits: Variable Bonuses ( Performance, Allowances and etc.)
- Location S/Dagon, Yangon
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday through Saturday except for Saturday which is 9am to 3.30pm
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #705~706 & 904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to email@example.com Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.