Transportation Supervisor is responsible for assisting in leading daily transportation operations and directing operations in the absence of the Transportation Team Leader. Transportation supervisor directly oversees the daily activities, workload and personnel of organizations that rely heavily on vehicle use in the course of their normal operations. This position will ensure adherence to all quality assurance programs, develops leadership skills in self and direct report team, while creating a safe working environment. The duties of the Transportation Supervisor include dispatching, route planning, and customer interaction.
- Schedule and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communications, recruiting, training, coaching, counseling, appraising, rewarding, developing, and succession planning.
- Supervise all activities of drivers. Direct and schedule driver’s work, plan, assign, and distribute daily work to avoid hours of service violations while coordinating loads, equipment and backhauls to achieve maximum utilization of the fleet.
- Identify and resolve delivery and scheduling problems through timely communication with customers, drivers, vendors, and other locations.
- Ensure compliance with DOT, OSHA, and EPA and all federal and state regulations, as well as company rules and policies.
- Coordinating and using transportation resources to achieve objectives that fully support and are linked with company objectives as well as assisting/facilitating other department’s functional objectives
- Finding and facilitating win/win solutions to conflicting priorities and objectives
- Understanding budget requirements and identifying opportunities for cost control
- Maintain accurate and timely records which may include but limited to maintaining and updating driver information in computer system, entering and processing billing information, and processing driver post trip activities.
- Assist with administrative duties, including but not limited to payroll, PUC reporting, fuel usage tracking and routing.
- Supervise personnel, conduct timely performance reviews and hold regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Proactively responding to situations including but not limited to breakdowns, late trucks, directions, product discrepancies, customer and vendor changes/updates
- Involving team members in discussions to improve processes
- Helping team members understand their role in achieving company objectives
- Assist in training new personnel through the use of office guidelines. This may include facilitating training routes, assisting in unloading product, coaching proper product handling and training proper paperwork procedures, DOT logbooks, alarm and key procedures.
- Assist the Team Leader in confirming Drivers are in accordance with Department of Transportation “DOT” regulations (Drug and Alcohol Policy, hours of service, etc)
- Maintain accurate and complete departmental records.
- Assist the Transportation Team Leader in managing fleet and equipment repair and regular maintenance through the service provider. Ensure equipment availability or source rental equipment.
- Interact with and assist other departments to accomplish efficient and timely delivery.
- Other duties assigned by the management
- Age not more than (40)
- Qualification level of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Transportation or Logistics or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum working experiences of (2) years in related field (an operational transportation, Routing and Fleet Management Systems)
- Must have Driving License and able to drive any type of vehicles
- Proficient in utilizing of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and capable of typing both English and Myanmar as well as proficiency in the use of computer data-mining and spreadsheet programs
- Familiarity with shipment options, legal issues, government regulations, and safety procedures
- Working knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and general transportation regulations
- Dispatch and/or Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to provide clear feedback, coaching, and counseling
- Ability to maintain and ensure confidentiality of team member and company information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to inspire, motivate, train and supervise
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and be a business partner with management
- Knowledge of TMW and Routing Systems preferred
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities
- Ability to divide your time between work and study
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in the financial system
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
- Salary: USD (350) (Equivalent Kyats) or DEPENDENT ON APPLICANT'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Type: Full Time,
- Contract Type: 2 years
- Benefits: Variable Bonuses ( Performance, Allowances and etc.)
- Location: Central Tower (Kyauktada Township, Yangon)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday through Saturday except Saturday which is 9am to 3.30pm
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #705~706 & 904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to email@example.com Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.