Transportation management is a flexible, analytical and creative position. Transportation managers are typically required to lead operations for organizations that provide transportation services, or to oversee strategic transportation initiatives for retail or wholesale fulfillment. These professionals work closely with supply chain, sales, customer service and technology departments, as well as with external vendors.
Transportation Managers plan, organize, direct, manage, evaluate, and are responsible for the operations and budget of transportation departments. Transportation managers are also known as traffic managers, fleet managers, or freight coordinators. Transportation managers utilize their communication, problem-solving, and time management skills to deliver products according to customer requirements
- Ensure that shipments into or out of an organization are handled quickly, safely, and within budget constraints
- Ability to oversight transportation equipment and personnel operated by an organization
- Able to coordinate with outside companies that provides freight services
- Managing transportation specialists to ensure products move seamlessly throughout the network, working across teams to troubleshoot exceptions and issues
- Driving new transportation programs as well as recommending and executing improvements to existing processes
- Able to work with incomplete data, adapt to ever-shifting priorities, think out-of-the box in developing solutions, and provide thoughtful, data-driven recommendations
- Able to outline & attain sale target for monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Oversee day-to-day operations for inbound & outbound transportation logistics network-wide across Myanmar
- Work closely with teams across supply chain functions (e.g., vendor operations, warehouse operations, inventory management) to ensure product flows through the network with minimal impact on cycle time from order to delivery
- Drive and manage initiatives that enable additional transportation capabilities, allowing for expansion into new product categories
- Complete deep-dives on transportation issues/exceptions that arise, using data-driven analyses to make decisions. Work directly with vendors and carriers to troubleshoot issues and identify improvement opportunities
- Support overall logistics initiatives as related to daily transportation
- Manage and coach transportation team (drivers and staff) to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot transportation issues as well as provide guidance to newly acquired drivers.
- Developed and implemented Policies and Procedures for transportation operations
- Able to oversee shipment coordination and routing
- Researching the fastest and cheapest shipping methods and securing contracts with customers or transportation providers based on that research
- Preparing budgets and developing safety procedures, as well as making sure that shipping documents are properly prepared
- Ensure that customer problems are researched and corrected
- Ability to direct Maintenance, repair, and replacement of shipping equipment or vehicles
- Responsible for staying current with various regulations including those related to hazardous shipments, employee safety, and freight classifications
- liaising and negotiating with different stakeholders including planning and highways authorities, residents, councilors/politicians, developers and transport providers;
- Identifying existing and possible future transport problems, developing transport models and investigating the feasibility of alternative means of transport;
- Using IT systems for tasks such as timetabling and managing usage flows.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communications with all customers.
- Responsible for all direct P/L’s.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing vendor relationships.
- Manage all of the safety related duties required by federal and local regulations. Keep the company standards in order and within compliance.
- Be proactive with customers, build a relationship, communicate, visit face to face and by phone, prevent issues before they become a problem, resolve any issues, and keep their business.
- Consult with HR on the resolution of difficult employee relations issues and provide strong direction on counseling, termination, policy interpretation, and general HR issues and decisions based on knowledge of employment laws.
- Other duties assigned by the management,
- Age not more than (50)
- Qualification level of any degree holder, degree in logistics and/or transport/distribution management is preferable
- Minimum working experiences of (10) years in Transportation/Logistics, Operations, and/or Warehousing.
- Must have Driving License and able to drive any type of vehicles
- Proficient in utilizing of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and capable of typing both English and Myanmar as well as proficiency in the use of computer data-mining and spreadsheet programs
- Familiarity with shipment options, legal issues, government regulations, and safety procedures
- knowledge of geography, mathematics, and computer applications.
- Willingness to travel to all areas for customer/site visits.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong management and team building skills.
Demonstrated good decision making and problem solving skills.
Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities
- Ability to divide your time between work and study
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in the financial system
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
- Salary: USD (300-400) (Equivalent Kyats) or DEPENDENT ON APPLICANT'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Type: Full Time,
- Contract Type: 2 years
- Benefits: Variable Bonuses ( Performance, Allowances and etc.)
- Location: Central Tower (Kyauktada Township, Yangon)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday through Saturday except for Saturday which is 9am to 3.30pm
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #705~706 & 904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to email@example.com Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.