Employees allowed to telecommute from home or off-site, for some or all of their employment, remain subject to the terms and conditions of employment set forth in the employee handbook and elsewhere. In addition to their existing obligations and responsibilities telecommuters must agree to do the following:
1. Maintain a regular work schedule and an accurate accounting of what they work on and when.
2. Comply with all of the safety regulations that apply to an office. That means having a safe work environment free of clutter, exposed wiring, slippery surfaces, etc. Any employee who telecommutes grants a license to the company to inspect their work premise during normal work hours.
3. Not allow business visitors to their home or off-site work location without the express written permission from their supervisor.
4. Understand that the policies and procedures relating to legal compliance and ethics obligations remain in full force and effect while off-site.
5. Be responsible for any company equipment used off-site. The employee may be responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of any equipment if handled in a careless or reckless manner. The company is not responsible for personal equipment used without express written authorization from the company.
6. Maintain their work product in a safe and secure environment. Any confidential materials, trade secrets or proprietary information should be maintained under lock and key and appropriately discarded.
7. Understand that any injuries occurred at home, or off-site, are covered by the company’s worker’s compensation insurance coverage only if applicable. The reporting requirements for a telecommuter related to a workplace injury are the same as if they worked on company premises.
8. Arrange for proper day care or elder care services so as not to interfere with getting your job done.
9. Remember that you are a representative of this company no matter where you are. Please use your best judgment at all times.
I understand and agree to the above.
Authorized Signature Authorized Signature
Print Name and Title Print Name and Title