- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to book, reconcile and report in-force premium, direct written premium and loss fund balance, retro accrual, cash, cash applied to A/R, bad debt allowance and non-admitted A/R on a monthly basis as well as for any GAAP vs. STAT differences.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Back-up month-end duties assigned to other Senior Accountants.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
- Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
- Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Coordinate and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services.
- Monitor positive pay exceptions.
- Bank liaison.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintain project log for Senior Accountant position.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Special ad-hoc projects as requested by senior management upon request
- Age not more than (45)
- Qualification level of a degree holder in relevant positions- B. Com/CPA/LCCI III/ ACCA
- Minimum (5) years of Accounting and Taxation or Auditing Experience
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as Myanmar Accounting Standard (MAS). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Excellent command of English (4 skills) – (Relevant Certificate Required)
- Intermediate to advanced experience or proficient in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and Myanmar and English Typing
- Knowledge or experience of Senior Accountant position is a must
- Familiar with government taxation laws and regulations, local taxation policies, etc. is an added advantage
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting. Understanding of Odoo’s accounting functions are preferable.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Able to work under pressures and challenging situations
- Able to work overtimes if required
- Meticulous, analytical and organized
- Integrity and able to keep company confidentiality
- Initiative and self-motivated
- Risk management skills
- Report writing skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Pleasant Personality
- Salary: USD (600) (Equivalent Kyats) or DEPENDENT ON APPLICANT'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time
- Contract Type: 2 years
- Benefits: Variable Bonuses (Performance, Allowances and etc.)
- Location: Central Tower (Kyauktada Township, Yangon)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday through Saturday except for Saturday which is 9am to 3.30pm,
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #705~706 & 904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to email@example.com Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.