Product Manager (Automotive)
The Product Manager (PM) leads the organization’s efforts to design, develop, prototype, test, and introduce products / services to the marketplace, as well as product refinement / upgrades. In addition, the Product Manager oversees development and management of the Product Life Cycle Management (LCM) plan. The Product Manager may have responsibility for a line of products (i.e., the “brand”) if the organization is large.
- Manages the product design and development process.
- Coordinates and supports product launches with Sales, Marketing, Production, and other departments.
- Reviews and analyzes data from within (e.g., sales, accounting numbers), marketplace, competition, customer feedback, social media – use to determine what products/services to develop, what to upgrade/improve, and what to discontinue.
- Selects and manages the members of the product development team.
- Develops and manages Product LCM plan; manages product life cycles.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Reports directly to the organization’s President/chief executive. Works in conjunction with R&D, Sales, Marketing, Production, and other departments.
- Other duties assigned by the management
- Age not more than (40)
- Qualification level of a bachelor’s degree in BE Mechanical (Automotive) or sales/marketing, economics, or finance is required.
- Minimum (2) years of working experience in the automotive product development or product management experience.
- Product life cycle experience preferred.
- Good mathematical skills are a necessity – experience with statistical analysis software preferred.
- Need a highly motivated self-starter; will be working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have experience leading a diverse team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential; group facilitation skills needed.
- Candidate also needs strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Project management experience is a must; project management certification helpful but not required.
- Proficient in utilizing of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and capable of typing both English and Myanmar
- Good oral and written communication and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Meticulous, analytical and organized
- Report writing skills
- Initiative and good negotiation skills
- Creative Personality
- Time Management and Risk Management skills
- Outgoing, enthusiastic personality with strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Coaching Skills
- Persuasive and credible influencing skills
- Strong customer focus, business development and entrepreneurial skills
- Salary: USD (400) (Equivalent Kyats) or DEPENDENT ON APPLICANT'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Type: Full Time,
- Contract Type: 2 years
- Benefits: Variable Bonuses (Performance, Allowances and etc.)
- Location: Central Tower (Kyauktada Township, Yangon)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday through Saturday except for Saturday which is 9am to 3.30pm
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #705~706 & 904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.