Win Thein & Sons Co., Ltd will grant holiday time off to all employees on the holidays listed below:
· Monday January 01 - International New Year's Day
· Thursday January 04 - Independence Day
· Monday February 12- Union Day
· Thursday March 01- Full Moon Day of Tabaung
· Friday March 02 - Peasants' Day
· Tuesday March 27- Armed Forces Day Tatmadaw Day
· Friday April 13 -Thingyan Water festival
· Saturday April 14- Thingyan Holiday
· Sunday April 15 - Thingyan Holiday
· Monday April 16- Thingyan Holiday
· Tuesday April 17 - Burmese New Year's Day
· Wednesday April 18- Burmese New Year Holiday Government holiday
· Thursday April 19 - Burmese New Year Holiday Government holiday
· Friday April 20- Burmese New Year Holiday Government holiday
· Sunday April 29- Full Moon Day of Kasong Vesak Day
· Tuesday May 01- Labour Day May Day
· Thursday July 19- Martyr's Day
· Friday July 27 -Full Moon Day of Waso Dhammasetkya Day. Beginning of Buddhist Lent
· Wednesday August -22 Eid ul-Adha Day
· Tuesday October 23 Pre-Full Moon Day of Thadingyut End of Buddhist Lent
· Wednesday October -24 Full Moon Day of Thadingyut End of Buddhist Lent
· Thursday October 25 Post-Full Moon Day of Thadingyut End of Buddhist Lent
· Tuesday November 06 -Deepavali
· Wednesday November 21 -Pre-Full Moon Day of Tazaungmone
· Thursday November 22 -Full Moon of Tazaungmone
· Sunday December 02 -National Day 10th day following the full moon of the month of Tazaungmone
· Tuesday December 25 -Christmas Day
· Monday December 31 - New Year's Eve
Win Thein & Sons Co., Ltd will grant paid holiday time off to all eligible employees immediately upon assignment to an eligible employment classification. Holiday pay will be calculated based on the employee's straight-time pay rate (as of the date of the holiday) times the number of hours the employee would otherwise have worked on that day. Eligible employee classification(s): Employees who worked a minimum of 60 days.
To be eligible for holiday pay, employees must work the last scheduled day immediately preceding and the first scheduled day immediately following the holiday.
A statutory holiday that falls on a Saturday will be observed on the preceding Friday or in the case it falls on a Sunday will be observed on the following Monday.
If a statutory holiday falls during an eligible employee's paid absence (such as vacation or sick leave), holiday pay will be provided instead of the paid time off benefit that would otherwise have applied.
If eligible non-exempt employees work on a recognized holiday, they will receive holiday pay plus wages at one and one-half times their straight-time rate for the hours worked on the holiday.
Paid time off for holidays will not be counted as hours worked for the purposes of determining overtime.