This individual is responsible for working closely with the Load Planner to minimize down time, deadhead miles, and utilize equipment efficiently, while providing driver ability and load needs. The Fleet Manager communicates effectively with Contractors and Load Planners to keep current on driver locations, plans, needs, and wants. This individual provides effective communication for Load Planners to best utilize people and equipment and with Customer Service and Management regarding any distressed loads or possible exceptions within assigned work group.
- Must be responsible for selecting the right vehicles and maintaining them in good operating condition in order to sustain and meets the distribution objectives efficiently and cost-effectively
- Must have considerable operational experience in logistics and vehicle maintenance
- Capable of using fleet management software to track and monitor the various aspects of fleet and driver operations.
- Able to make decisions about the types of vehicles to acquire and the most suitable method of financing the fleet
- Must be responsible for registering and licensing each vehicle, and ensuring that licenses are always up to date
- Maintain vehicle service and inspection records to ensure compliance with manufacturers' servicing schedules or leasing companies’ maintenance requirements
- Maintain records to demonstrate that fleet operations comply with state laws
- Maintain vehicles in peak operating condition by setting up scheduling programs
- Minimize downtime by negotiate strict servicing time limits and negotiate priority repair schedules with service centers
- Ensure regular servicing performed that vehicles are available for the maximum period to earn revenue and maintain customer delivery schedules
- Capable of utilizing telematics systems in vehicles that enable to continuously monitor aspects of driver behavior, such as speeding, excessive braking and erratic driving
- Make use of GPS systems to track vehicle locations and improve traceability in the event of a vehicle theft
- Use fleet management software to automate the collection and recording of data that enables to monitor vehicle performance and costs
- Capable to inculcate and instruct drivers whenever its needed
- Competent in recruiting skilled and experiences drivers
- Must take full responsibility in purchasing crucial and quality spare parts and able to maintain as well as keep stockpile of the essentials which is to be used whenever it is required
- Able to comply with company’s rules & polices so as adherence to performing as instructed
- Capable of constructing SOP form whenever it is necessary.
- Able to claim operating budget on timely basis by pursing the proper procedures implemented by the company
- Capable of resolving any unsolicited problems with compliance to state laws and without affecting company’s reputation as well as the daily operation.
- Evaluate / Analyze equipment performance.
- Develop and implement processes that maximize uptime, safety and reduce costs.
- Work with preferred vendors to ensure preventative maintenance is completed as needed.
- Train new and existing drivers on maintenance and inspection requirements.
- Maintain master equipment files’ including all permits and licenses.
- Develop strong mutually beneficial relationships with key vendors and suppliers.
- Establish process for breakdowns and repairs and expedite/escalate issues as needed.
- Authorize and audit repair and maintenance expenses.
- Maintain DOT files in accordance with federal regulations.
- Facilitate accident resolution process including claims management where appropriate.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Qualification level of a degree holder
- Age not more than (50)
- Experience with Heavy Truck / Trailer Repair and Maintenance.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for DOT, CSA, etc.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- High degree of initiative and independent execution.
- Proficient in utilizing of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and capable of typing both English and Myanmar
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- This position offers a Competitive Base Salary and Benefits.
- Must be able to travel locally whenever it is required
- Meticulous, analytical and organized
- Integrity and able to keep company confidentiality
- Initiative and self-motivated
- Risk management skills
- attention to detail and accuracy
- good verbal and written communication skills
- organizational skills
- information management
- problem analysis and problem solving skills
- team member
- stress tolerance
- sense of urgency
- customer service skills
- Report writing skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Pleasant Personality
- Salary: USD (700) (Equivalent Kyats) or DEPENDENT ON APPLICANT'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Type: Full Time,
- Contract Type: 2 years
- Benefits: Variable Bonuses ( Performance, Allowances and etc.)
- Location: Central Tower (Kyauktada Township, Yangon)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday through Saturday except for Saturday which is 9am to 3.30pm
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #705~706 & 904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.